Chicken is a staple product in most kitchens because it tastes good and is cooked easily. What more could you want for your next dinner? Most people go for easy recipes, and that’s why chicken dishes are pretty perfect. If you want something simple that feels extravagant, look no further than these chicken and apple recipes.
Rosemary-Roasted Chicken With Apples and Potatoes
Welcome fall with a hearty, home-cooked meal with all your favorite ingredients! Get to shopping and for your next dinner and surprise everyone with a delicious meal that will leave them full and satisfied.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- salt, plus more to taste
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 5 medium apples – peeled, cored, and cut into ¼ – inch slices
- 1 pound of potatoes, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ground black pepper
- You’re going to want to preheat your oven first to 400°F (200°C) and spray the top and bottom of a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add in the onions. Put in some salt and saute for around two minutes and then add the sugar and continue cooking until the onions are see through but not brown.
- Remove from the heat and layer with potatoes and apples on the bottom of the broiler pan. Then drizzle your olive oil over the chicken thighs and sprinkle pepper and salt to taste, making sure you cover them evenly and place on top.
- The last step is to roast everything until all the juices are clear and serve side the chicken and fruit and veggie mix side by side.
Chicken Salad With Apples, Grapes, and Walnuts
Chicken is a wonderful addition to any salad, but this recipe will blow you out of the water! The way the ingredients come together will make your mouth water.
- 4 cooked breasts, shredded
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, or to taste
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 5 tablespoons creamy salad dressing
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 25 seedless red grapes, halved
Choose your favorite large bowl from the pantry and get to tossing! Put in your apples, chicken breasts, walnuts, red onions, celery, and some lemon juice, and mix everything up well. Go to the pantry and pick a smaller bowl. Use that to combine your yogurt, mayonnaise, and salad dressing. Pour the mixture all over the ingredients in the large bowl and gently fold in the grapes. Done!
Next time you’re wondering what to cook for dinner, choose chicken! Go online and pick among hundreds of delicious recipes that are sure to leave everyone’s taste buds cheering.
Risotto is rich in flavor, but it’s also time-consuming. One of those dishes one can’t get right so easily. The dish originally comes from Northern Italy. The expert cook probably knows that, when done perfectly, it has a creamy and rich texture. Luckily, the instant pot mushroom variation available here is fail-proofed, easy to make, and can become an indispensable ingredient in your daily life.
A Magic Risotto Hack
Usually, the risotto must be served immediately after cooking. But that can be quite tricky if one needs to plan not just one meal but also the whole dinner. Luckily, there’s a magic trick that’ll please any cook! Just follow the recipe until the end of the third step and stop!
When it comes to what mushrooms are ideal for the recipe, it’s up to you and your preferences. It’s traditionally with cremini mushrooms, but any kind will do. Popular options are shiitake or button mushrooms, or even a gourmet blend. Another option is to use dried mushrooms.
The Necessary Risotto Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground is best)
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 1/2 cup dry white vino
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons miso paste (white or red)
- 3 3/4 to 4 cups of chicken or vegetable stock, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter (make sure it’s unsalted)
- 1/2 cup finely parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
Preparation Method, Step by Step
Step one: Mushroom preparation Click the ‘sauté’ option on the Instant Pot and saute the mushrooms.
Step two: Add onions and garlic Once the mushrooms have turned golden brown and are fully cooked, add the onions and garlic. Sauté them. Step three: Add rice Add the rice and start stirring until the grains are well-mixed with the oil. Make sure the outer parts of the kernels are translucent. Add the vino and stir for another three minutes. Step four: Add the miso and broth Add the miso and vegetable or chicken stock. Close the lid and cook for five minutes at high pressure. Step five: Check if the rice has been fully cooked. Taste to check whether the rice has cooked. Step six: Finish it! Add the parmesan and butter. Stir and check for seasoning.